FRACKVILLE, Penna - Ten quarterfinalists, including five from Upper Schuylkill County, performed at the 2nd event in the multi-week Schuylkill's Got Talent 2 competition at the Schuylkill Mall. The competition today was split between two rounds, with contestants performing a song of their choice in each. All performances were judged based on four categories. Results from today's competition will be released on the Schuylkill Mall website, http://www.shopschuylkillmall.com/ , at 3:00p. The overall winner of the competition will receive $500 in Schuylkill Mall Gift Certificates, a $100 gift certificate courtesy of Bon Ton, a professional photo shoot from Michael's Photography, Frackville, and will perform at the Schuylkill County Fair on August 6th.
Sean Smith of Ringtown was first to perform, singing the Dave Matthews Band song "Grey Street". Following his performance was Kassidy Svenson of Auburn with "Mercy" by Duffy. The rest of the performances in round one:
- Tiffany Maley of Ashland - "I Hope you Dance" by Lee ann Womack
- Cody Wiley of Cressona - "Pumped Up Kicks" by Foster the People
- Rich Harper of Cumbola - "Trouble" by Elvis
- Dennis Tempest of Frackville - "The Good Life" by Bobby Darin.
- Heather Clevenger of Pine Grove - "Natural Woman" by Carole King
- Steve Smith of Shenandoah - "Send Me On My Way" by Rusted Root
- Kelsey Shappell of Pottsville - "I Love You Too Much" from The Book Of Life soundtrack
- JT Thomas of Shenandoah - "Rocking in the Free World" - Neil Young
We were not in attendance for the 2nd round.
The next event in Schuylkill's Got Talent 2 will be next Tuesday, July 19th, at 6:00p.
Photos from the event and an interview with JT Thomas can be found on our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/ShenNews71/